In cycling forums, people often say that jeans are uncomfortable for cycling especially in the rain.
When jeans are wet, friction increases which can cause chafing and increase the wear and tear on the jeans and the saddle.
Even with a saddle cutout, the seams on jeans can put too much pressure there.
Can you ride a motorcycle in jeans?
If you wear normal street jeans to go riding, then you may as well be wearing nothing. Your garden variety street jeans offer no protection whatsoever for motorcycle riding. Street jeans may help you if you trip, or even tumble off a skateboard or bicycle, but they can actually still sustain some damage in those cases.
What are the best motorcycle riding jeans?
The Best Motorcycle Riding Jeans
- BILT IRON WORKERS Steel Motorcycle Jeans.
- Speed and Strength Rust and Redemption Men’s Bike Jeans.
- KLIM Mens K Fifty Motorcycle Jeans.
- MAXLER JEAN Men’s Motorcycle Jeans.
- ScorpionExo Covert Pro Men’s Motorcycle Jeans.
- Street & Steel Oakland Motorcycle Jeans.
- Dainese Charger Regular Bike Jeans.
Do you have to wear pants on a motorcycle?
Pants. Whether you choose to wear riding pants or leathers over your everyday clothing, the key here is protection. Leather, kevlar and other synthetic materials used in pants designed specifically for motorcycle riding will protect you best in case of an accident. At the very least, wear very heavy jeans.
How do you keep trousers from getting caught on a bike chain?
- Roll up the pant-leg on the gear-side high enough to stay away from the gears.
- Wear tight fitting cycling pants that don’t flap.
- Use braces as you have, or clips such as these to keep your flappy pants close enough to your legs.
- Stuff the pant-leg on the gear side in your socks.