Quick Answer: How Fast Can A Police Crown Vic Go?

Pre-2006 Police Interceptors equipped with the 3.27:1 rear axle ratio were generally limited to approximately 128 mph (206 km/h).

This compares to the standard non-P71 2.73 rear axle ratio with a speed limitation of 110 mph (177 km/h) for all “civilian” Crown Victorias.

How fast can a police Dodge Charger go?

The Police Interceptor Utility version of the upcoming SUV was quicker and faster than any other pursuit vehicle in the latest round of the benchmark Michigan State Police tests. Powered by a new 3.0-liter turbocharged V6, the all-wheel-drive Ford accelerated to 100 mph in 13.59 seconds and hit a top speed of 150 mph.

How fast is a Crown Victoria?

Ford Crown Victoria

The P71’s are electronically limited to 120 mph, for the 3:55:1 rear axle ration version and 135 mph for the 3:27:1 rear axle ratio.

Is a Crown Vic a good car?

Overall a really good reliable vehicle. I’d spend the money and have it inspected first but if it’s a Crown Vic, it’s a good car – when everything is in order. It runs excellent and it has the power to pass any vehicle on the run. Smooth ride, not bad on gas on the highway.

Do police still use Crown Victorias?

There are still police departments that have their fleet at 30% Crown Victoria’s but eventually they’ll get rid of them. Most of the ones still in service have 80,000+ miles. Crown Victoria’s will always be around but they won’t be in use for law enforcement forever.

What cars can outrun cops?

Police cruisers definitely offer significant power (most squads drive Dodge Chargers and Ford Crown Victoria Inspectors), but these 11 new cars beat them every time.

  • Ford Mustang GT.
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
  • Nissan 370Z.
  • Audi R8.
  • Ford Focus ST.

Are cop cars bulletproof?

No, they do not. It would be cost prohibitive to equip standard police vehicles with bullet proof glass (actually bullet resistant glass would be more accurate). Also, there is the issue of police cars being shot at (a relatively rare event in the United States).